Beyond the Bag Pet Nutrition & Wellness Personal Pet Food Reports
Grandma Lucy's Freeze Dried Foods
This family company was established in 1999. And for the past 15 years they have been winning over dogs and cats, as well as the parent's that serve them! The need for a good quality treat presented itself when their family English Cocker Spaniel had developed a picky appetite, while also needing to manage food allergies. Like most of us the began reading the labels to the pet foods and treats and became glowingly concerned the more they read. At this point they developed a cooked at home diet for their beloved 11 year old dog. They recalled on their website "Surprisingly for a dog that had become very picky, she loved her home cooked meals and treats. The next step seemed natural; we wanted to be able to share with others the healthy and safe treat we were cooking for Lucy."
Not only are the ingredients processed and packed at their Irvine, CA facility using 100% human-grade products but they are gathered from local restaurant suppliers! In today's busy world we all wish to give our pets the absolute best while balancing a busy schedule and Grandma Lucy's foods and treats mean you can be confident you are doing just that. Sate of the art freeze drying equipment makes what they do possible delivering a minimally processed food that you can re-hydrate with water (or raw goat's milk like the Pro Bloom supplement for added nutrition) and serve in just minutes, also taking the guess work about whether you are providing adequate nutrition to your pet since they have done the hard part for you.
Here is how the freeze-dried process works
Here are some more great facts you might be interested in knowing:
- Though sometimes recalls happen to even the best of companies, to this date not even one recall has involved a Grandma Lucy's product.
- All of the freeze-dried products are completely wheat-free.
- The Artisan and Pureformance lines are grain-free.
- Using the freeze-drying process the foods resemble home cooked meals instead of finely ground and canned foods. Your pet will feel more like you plated up a dish of what you are having for dinner!
- Freeze-dried food is fresh or cooked foods that have been frozen then had the water removed. The result is a light-weight, fresh appearing and tasting preserved food that can be rehydrated with a minimum amount of water.This differs from dehydrating which is a process to remove water using evaporation but cannot be done entirely effectively leaving some moisture that may lead to bacteria growth. Dehydration can also change the composition of the foods where freeze-drying the foods like Grandma Lucy's does will not.
- The cost of these freeze-dried diets are priced comparable to premium kibbles on the market today.
- And check this out, once the food is prepared with water or goat's milk the size of the bag will amount to a shocking amount of fresh food here is the breakdown...
PUREFORMANCE: 3lb bag = 15lbs of fresh food / 8lb bag = 40lbs of fresh food / 10lb bag = 51lbs of fresh food
- My most common recommendation for pets with kidney problems will be Grandma Lucy's. The vet may recommend a food with low phosphorus levels since the kidney's help regulate the phosphorus levels in your pet's blood if they are having a hard time doing this.
- And last but very not least Grandma Lucy's should proudly boast that all their ingredients are GMO FREE and HUMAN GRADE! Find THAT in another pet food! All of their suppliers must sign a contract stating that they abide by these high standards.
Food delivery now avilable!
As a small business we are tuned into your needs and sincerely care. We appreciate you supporting our growth. Some of you may already know but we want to make sure the word is out to everyone that we are now expanding our services to food and supply delivery. Here are a few things you may need to know about how this works and what is available to you.
- There will be a small delivery charge of only $7.50
- Orders can be placed online at this link that will open a new window STYLE MUTT ONLINE STORE
- Order before NOON and your order will be delivered next day!
- What can you order? Anything in our online store that is currently in stock.
- What counties do we service? Currently Cuyahoga and Lorain counties.
Have more quesitons? Just ask. Call the store if you need any assistance with placing your first order or have additional questions I may not have answered for you!
A little about RedBarn Naturals
Chewy Louie biscuits are a perfect, bite-size biscuit filled with RedBarn's one of a kind, mouth-watering fillings. Highly palatable filling adds a taste that will keep dogs coming back for more. The crunchy texture provides the added benefit of promoting good dental health.
What's the best harness for my strong pal?
A dog who tends to pull is going to have a pressure that is applied to the neck by the harness. The discomfort to them and the annoyance to you will just lead to an uncomfortable walk that you wish you could be enjoying with your loved one. What makes the Freedom No-pull Harness different is the design that minimizes that pressure on the neck while it gives you even more control. There is a control loop on the back on the harness. When pulling happens this loop tightens gently around the chest to discourage the unwanted behavior. This will result in an easier walk and more enjoyable experience for you and your family. Another optional feature is a structural ring on the front of the harness. This ring allows you to connect the training leash to both the front and back simultaneously to help you redirect your dog's attention back to you for training purposes to provide rewarding treats. You will see in the photo what using this method looks like.
The Freedom No Pull Harness is recommended as on of the best dog no pull dog training harnesses by top trainers from Whole Dog Journal, Good Morning America Veterinarian Consultant, Dr. Marty Becker, and utilized by Victoria Stilwell on both Animal Planet's It's Me or the Dog and Anderson Cooper.
Digestive upset have your dog ... upset?
Maybe we should start with the basics. Using probotics and digestive enzymes to balance out their gut. The best part about what Honest Kitchen has created with Pro Bloom Instant Goat''s Milk is that you now have a shelf stable perfect digestive blend that takes all the guess work out of supplements. When you are already trying to do the best for your pet and find them relief you want something that can be easy to add to their diet without have to deal with sneaking pills or complicated mixtures. You can mix the Pro Bloom single serve packet with one cup of warm water and voila! Your pet will likely just want to have the milk as a drink but you can mix it with their kibble or freeze dried foods to re-hydrate them.
Pay attention to the dose levels which are easily broken up by weight and range simply from 1/4 cup to 1 cup servings per day. Rest assure that your Pro Bloom contains no corn, wheat, soy or GMO ingredients. Also, it is human-grade and made in the USA from pasture-raised, free-ranging goat’s milk in the Pacific Northwest. It’s naturally free of pesticides, herbicides, growth hormones and antibiotics.
Also, an added benefit for dogs who suffer from allergies; goat's milk acts as a natural antihistamine, reducing inflammation and relieving some asthma and allergy symptoms. The milk is also a great yeast fighter and should be recommended for dogs who have frequent ear infections. I could really continue on with the added benefits. But you should probably just try it for your pet and see the advantages for yourself!
Honest Kitchen Pro Bloom Ingredients
Dehydrated goat's milk, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation product, dried candida rugosa fermentation product, dried trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation product, dried pineapple fermentation product; dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried lactobacillus brevis fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium longum fermentation product, dried streptococcus thermophiles fermentation product.
Crude Protein Min 35 %
Crude Fat Min 1 %
Crude Fiber Max 0.5 %
Moisture Max 7.9 %
333 kcal per 100 g
46.6 kcal per packet